Saturday 18 June 2011

I have been diagnosed with BPD for approx 6 months,before that i was diagnosed with 'a personality disorder most likely to be BPD,when i asked to be diagnosed with it,because i had read the criterior myself and had found that I ticked all the boxes,they told me i 'dont want a label' which was awful because i was acting crazy half the time and i wanted somewhere to start from,so i could work with it.When i moved up to Wellington my psychiatrist and nurses finally acknowledged it to be true and it was like a load off my shoulders,finally i didnt have to feel like i was crazy,but that instead i have B.P.D.It was when i found my support group( a private facebook  group) i finally started to chat to people that were similar to me,and it has been great so far,everyone is very supportive,im scared that it will not last for long because i am used to things i love being taken away or leaving me,but im trying to hope that it will continue and we all can help and support each other.but most of all it was great to not feel like i was the only one to feel like i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment